About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. Having produced site-specific theatre for Toronto landmarks such as the Art Gallery of Ontario, Fort York, the Toronto First Post Office, the Campbell House Museum and Spadina Historic House and Gardens, Single Thread engages and inspires audiences with themes of universal significance.
This Artist Producer will work closely with the Single Thread Artistic Director to coordinate logistics for various summer projects as well as contribute to the early stage development of upcoming initiatives. The Artist Producer will work with a variety of artistic, governmental and historic organizations throughout Eastern Ontario and work alongside theatre professionals while gaining experience in site-specific theatre production.
- Work collaboratively with the Artistic Director to accomplish artistic and organizational goals;
- Assist with the creation of agendas, schedules, calendars, and other production administration;
- Assist in the casting and hiring of production teams;
- Attend production and post-production meetings as required;
- Assist with the costing and procurement of materials and services;
- Attend load-ins/outs, tech week rehearsals, and opening night and other performances as needed;
- Maintain Single Thread’s relationships with organizational and artistic partners, including attending meetings and events;
- Provide support to other Single Thread initiatives, including exploring potential partnerships;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in stage and/or production management
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in and take on diverse tasks
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- Proficient in MS Office
- Valid Ontario G Driver's License considered an asset
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $11.75 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for seven weeks to start as soon as possible. Evenings and weekends required as necessary.
Application deadline: 29 May, 2017
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] singlethread [dot] ca.