About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. Having produced site-specific theatre for Toronto landmarks such as the Art Gallery of Ontario, Fort York, the Toronto First Post Office, the Campbell House Museum and Spadina Historic House and Gardens, Single Thread engages and inspires audiences with themes of universal significance.
The Artist Producer will support the development and creation of an original play to be performed at the City of Toronto's Mackenzie House Museum in Fall 2017 as part of the museum's Canada 150 celebrations. The Artistic Producer will work closely with Single Thread’s Head Playwright to develop the project, while learning about site-specific immersive theatre and the creative process behind the development of an original work.
- Work with the Head Playwright to accomplish Single Thread’s artistic goals and meet deadlines;
- Conduct archival research on the museum and the play’s subject matter;
- Assist with writing and editing drafts of the play;
- Conduct pre-production activities with the museum staff;
- Represent Single Thread at meetings and events;
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to create a marketing plan and media collateral for the project;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in theatre production
- Experience in playwriting
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office
- Willingness to pitch in and take on diverse tasks
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $11.75 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for nine weeks to start as soon as possible. Evenings and weekends required as necessary.
Application deadline: 29 May, 2017
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] singlethread [dot] ca.