About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. Having produced site-specific theatre for Toronto landmarks such as the Art Gallery of Ontario, Fort York, the Toronto First Post Office, the Campbell House Museum and Spadina Historic House and Gardens, Single Thread engages and inspires audiences with themes of universal significance.
About the Kick & Push Festival
The Kick & Push Festival presents engaging theatrical events that challenge audiences to go beyond simply being passive observers. It runs from late-July to mid-August and features companies from both Kingston and across Canada.
The Production Assistant will support the Single Thread’s involvement in the annual Kick and Push Theatre Festival in downtown Kingston. The Production Assistant will work closely with Single Thread Theatre Company’s Artistic Director and the Kick & Push Festival’s creative and production teams to support Single Thread’s contributions to the festival. The Production Assistant will get the opportunity to work alongside theatre professionals while gaining experience in site-specific theatre production.
- Work collaboratively with the Single Thread Artistic Director and the Kick & Push creative and production teams to accomplish artistic and organizational goals;
- Assist with Kick & Push administration related to Single Thread’s involvement;
- Attend Kick & Push meetings as required;
- Assist with the costing and procurement of materials and services;
- Attend load-ins/outs, tech week rehearsals, and performances as needed;
- Maintain Single Thread’s relationships with Kick & Push organizational and artistic partners;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in stage and/or production management
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in and take on diverse tasks
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- Proficient in MS Office
- Valid Ontario G Driver's License considered an asset
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $11.75 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for seven weeks to start as soon as possible. Evenings and weekends required as necessary.
Application deadline: 29 May, 2017
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] singlethread [dot] ca.