About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. Having produced site-specific theatre for Toronto landmarks such as the Art Gallery of Ontario, Fort York, the Toronto First Post Office, the Campbell House Museum and Spadina Historic House and Gardens, Single Thread engages and inspires audiences with themes of universal significance.
About the Kick & Push Festival
The Kick & Push Festival is Kingston’s newest summer attraction, running from mid-July to mid-August and presenting a collection of theatrical events from Theatre Kingston, Blue Canoe Productions, Single Thread Theatre Company, The Cellar Door Project and special guests Driftwood and Refraction Theatre.
This position is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the second edition of Kingston’s summer theatre festival and to support an original site-specific production. The Production Assistant will work closely with Single Thread Theatre Company’s Artistic Director and the Kick & Push Festival’s On-site Production Manager to support Single Thread’s production of Ambrose. The Production Assistant will get the opportunity to work alongside theatre professionals while gaining experience in site-specific theatre production.
- Work collaboratively with the Ambrose creative and production teams to accomplish artistic goals and meet deadlines in a cost-effective way
- Assist with the creation of agendas, schedules, calendars, and other production paperwork
- Attend production and post-production meetings as required
- Assist with the costing and procurement of materials and services
- Attend load-ins/outs, tech week rehearsals, and opening night and other performances as needed
- Provide support to other Single Thread initiatives in Kingston, Ontario.
- Other duties as required
- Experience in stage and/or production management
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Willingness to pitch in
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Valid Ontario G Drivers License desirable
- This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs which requires that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $11.50 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for eight weeks to start as soon as possible. Evenings and weekends required as necessary.
Application deadline: June 8, 2016
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] singlethread [dot] ca.