About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. Having produced site-specific theatre for Toronto landmarks such as the Art Gallery of Ontario, Fort York, the Toronto First Post Office, the Campbell House Museum and Spadina Historic House and Gardens, Single Thread engages and inspires audiences with themes of universal significance.
Single Thread Theatre Company is seeking a talented and creative designer who will work closely with members of its re-branding committee to develop and implement a new logo and visual identity. The candidate will be responsible for guiding the process from concept to execution and preparing visual identity guidelines that can be applied across digital and print platforms.
- Understand Single Thread’s strategic vision and context within the theatre community
- Develop creative concepts that are responsive to themes outlined in Single Thread’s brand identity document
- Adapt logo for multiplatform display
- Build out visual identity and codify the look and feel in a style guide
- Produce templates for print media (e.g. letterhead, business cards)
- Create new website design that adheres to visual identity guidelines
- Develop artwork and support the design needs for upcoming productions
- Knowledge of trends in typography, illustration, photography, color theory, brand development and identity
- Strong design and layout skills (you may use the software package(s) of your choosing)
- Familiarity with web, mobile, and print design paradigms
- Able to work independently while in close communication with a team
- Problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs which requires that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $11.50 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for eight weeks to start in late June. Weekend may be required as necessary.
Application deadline: June 24th, 2016
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] singlethread [dot] ca.