About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. For fifteen years, Single Thread has produced site-specific, immersive theatre across Ontario, with long production histories in the cities of Toronto and Kingston. The company was named Best Site Specific Theatre Company by NOW magazine in 2014 and has had work featured at the Pan-Am Games, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many others. Single Thread seeks to engage and inspire audiences with themes of universal significance.
Artist Producers will work closely with the Single Thread Artistic Director to develop concepts and coordinate logistics for various summer initiatives, as well as contribute to the development of upcoming initiatives for Fall 2019. Artist Producers will have the opportunity to work alongside theatre professionals while gaining experience in site-specific theatre production.
- Work collaboratively with the Artistic Director to accomplish artistic and organizational goals;
- Assist with the creation of agendas, schedules, calendars, and other production administration;
- Assist in casting and hiring of production teams;
- Attend production and post-production meetings as required;
- Assist with the costing and procurement of materials and services;
- Attend load-ins/outs, tech week rehearsals, and opening night and other performances as needed;
- Maintain Single Thread’s relationships with organizational and artistic partners, including attending meetings and events;
- Provide support to other Single Thread initiatives, including exploring potential partnerships;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in stage and/or production management
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in and take on diverse tasks
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- Proficient in MS Office
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License considered an asset
Application deadline: 21 April, 2019
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
*Note this position is pending funding confirmation*