Single Thread’s focus on engaging with diverse audiences in a variety of settings to create immersive environments has led the Company to develop an increased focus on working collaboratively with young people and contributing to the development of emerging theatre artists in Canada.
Single Thread is proud to be bringing experiential learning through immersive theatre to Canadian schools.
I wanted to express to you what a great experience our students had. They cannot stop raving about how much fun they had in the workshop and what an amazing experience it was to be able to be a part of the play
– Tiffiney Kennedy, Teacher, Lockeport Regional High School, Canada
Single Thread has:
- Participated in cultural forums on innovations in theatre and best practices in immersive, site-specific productions;
- Led workshops on immersive theatre for theatre practitioners and educators;
- Contributed to academic journals on theatre arts;
- Developed study guides as classroom resources to enhance learning opportunities for students;
- Led soundscape workshops with students who then join the performance to create the sounds of the play.
- Developed customized immersive experiences aligned with learning objectives for elementary school students.